Glastonbury Abbey Appeal - Rescue Our Ruins
Rescue Our Ruins was launched in May 2012 with the goal of raising half a million pounds to save our ancient ruins - this equates to a pound for every person living in Somerset.
The Final Chapter supported by
February 2016 sees the launch of The Final Chapter to raise £100,000 to cover the cost the major conservation and enhancement of the Abbot's Kitchen and the Lady Chapel, Crypt and Galilee.
If we hit our original target of £500,000, the remaining monies will go towards the conservation of the North Wall.
Since 2012 we have:
- Carried out urgent repairs to the walls of the Lady Chapel and Galilee and West Door of the nave, opened up the well, added a new walkway and balustrade and replaced the paving
- Conserved the masonry and stone lantern of the Abbot’s Kitchen and introduced heating, lighting and new displays
- Carried out extensive archaeological recording to learn much more about the history of the abbey
We have raised £1.1 million in grants and donations but still need to find the final £100,000 to pay for the work achieved so far. This equals £274 per day for 365 days.
Can you help us write the 'final chapter'?
You can help by:
- Making a donation – if you are a UK tax payer and you Gift Aid your donation it will be worth an additional 25% at no extra cost to you
- As a group, company or school adopt us as your charity for the year
- Hold a fundraising event such as a coffee morning, open gardens or sponsored walk
- Support our fundraising events throughout the year
Thank you ... you will be helping us to preserve
the past for the people of the future
Latest News & Events
Final Chapter - Fundraising Latest  more
Added: 27th May 2016
Summer Opening 2016  more
Added: 24th May 2016
Fashion Show to boost appeal  more
Added: 22nd April 2016
Chubb Bulleid support appeal  more
Added: 3rd March 2016
Trustee named Archaeologist of the Year  more
Added: 27th February 2016